Sunday 13 August 2017

Hard knocks of life


One, as a child they promised me security when I got older. As a 26 year old the only thing I secured in life is my student loan

Two, if only I had a people phobia instead of this fear of abandonment 

Three, I spent years playing hide and seek with happiness. I thought happiness was to seek me but in reality it should've been me seeking happiness 

Four, my heart is too deep, too full for cowards. One needs to know how to swim in this depth otherwise they will drown

Five, in my life I have unintentionally hurt people. Still haunts me today. At night I count apologies rather than sheeps

Six, oh hello there antidepressants, you seem cool.  PS. I haven't cried in 4 weeks!!! Got angry only ONCE (and I work in the food industry with people ha) !! The past year my emotions put Claire Danes to shame!

Seven, Robert Frost once said "nothing gold can stay". I now understand that

Eight, as much as he was the breeze after the thunder, I don't want guys to be the weather for me anymore. I want to be my own breeze and my own thunder

Nine, my anxiety is the longest commitment I have had in my life, can't seem to divorce it

Ten, after I got my heart broken for the first time, I started drinking black coffee. It was a comfort to know my coffee matched my feelings

Eleven, they told me to go for nice guys instead as they wouldn't break my heart. That is not true. They are as capable. The only difference is that they apologise for the mess afterwards

Twelve, note to self - Love destroys you because you give too much away. Keep some for yourself kiddo

Thirteen, he told me he wouldn't break my heart but that I need to charm him harder and when I did, he went on to break my heart anyway

Fourteen, forgetting someone is much easier when you're off social media

Fifteen, Social media sucks

Sixteen, never knew I was such a good juggler until I had to juggle alot of unwanted feelings the past 2 years. Angst is so not my friend!

Seventeen, I always thought its nice to like someone with the same interests as you, but what happens when they leave? Has he forever ruined John Mayer for me?

Eighteen, I fall in love with the odd parts of everyone. Feelings may be liquid for others, changing and growing. For me it's solid. 

Nineteen, People say I breathe loudly. So I cherish the ones who take my breath away.

Twenty, That night, I ate my pride for dinner and for dessert he high fived me goodbye.

Twenty-one, you walk around waiting for someone to read you. To make sense of you. To take notes. My dear, not everyone can read the same language. 

Twenty-two, love always hurts like a motherfucka and yet you think I would learn to wear a bloody helmet by now. 

**********

No comments:

Post a Comment