Monday 5 June 2017

Intentionally serenading you.

I am learning.
I am learning.

He looked but he never saw.
He never wanted to hear my stories.
He didn't smile when I talked.
He always looked away from my eyes.
He didn't even hold my hand.
He didn't want to hear me.
He didn't want to read my words.
He left bruises in my soul.
My soul forever seeked answers he could never give.

And than there's him.
Words are powerful and he knows how to use them.
Seeing life through his eyes is breathtaking.
As he sat on my bed, I watched him, I watched his hands, his lips, his eyes. And I wondered - how does one even put him into words?
Like how his eyes burn through me with passion or how his heart glows with life, or the way he touches, oh his touches. If touching was art, he can paint away all day with his brush strokes.
I wish words were enough to describe the serenity of his soul.
I'm so used to seeing my reflection in the eyes of darkness that the sun scares me.
But I'm adjusting.
 I'm slowly but surely adjusting to the light.

He possesses the power.
Does he know that?
Does he know beautiful things break my heart?

1 comment: