Saturday 26 July 2014

Five reasons why I am crushing on Aaron Taylor-Johnson at the moment

Guys I think I am in love with Aaron. Apart from his good good good looks, he is a babe! And here are five reasons why Aaron is a babe! 


1)  He is such a supportive, amazing, sweet, loyal, caring and encouraging husband!


Whilst filming Nowhere Boy (2009), a British film directed by Sam Taylor Wood, the two fell in love. At the time Aaron was 18 and Sam 42. Fast forward five years, Aaron at 23 is a husband and a father to 4 children (stepfather to Sam’s two children from previous relationship and two together), and they still seem happy together. 
And I have fell in love with the way he talks about her in interviews, he always beams about his wife and how she is “the best woman I know”.

“I was raised by women. Now I’m raising women. I was always better around girls. I live in an all-female household. I even have two female dogs... It’s funny how that turned out. My girls have the best woman to look up to. She’s the strongest woman I know. As role models go, she’s the best. She’s so inspiring and smart. My girls are all going to be strong women, too.” (http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/aaron-taylorjohnson-i-was-raised-by-women-now-im-raising-women-and-sams-the-best-woman-i-know-9323936.html)


I just love the way he always complements his wife for making him a better man.

“We complement each other, for sure, both in our work and on an everyday level. She pushes and inspires me, and I hope I do the same for her. Right now it's more about what Sam's doing next. There is a feature being developed with a lot of more of her imprint on it. You get to a point and you want to try something new. That's what life is all about: trying new things and having fun. (Work with my wife) it's all I want to do, really."  (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/sep/02/aaron-taylor-johnson-interview?newsfeed=true

2)  AND SO HE TOOK HER NAME WHEN THEY GOT MARRIED


Amazing, right?

“I’m not the kind of male who has to put my imprint on everything. That dickhead kind of thing...It didn’t feel right to me that the woman has to take the man’s name. We wanted to give our family unity. I wanted to embrace her name. I’d rather wear her name on everything than mine.” http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/aaron-taylorjohnson-i-was-raised-by-women-now-im-raising-women-and-sams-the-best-woman-i-know-9323936.html)

(Feminist rant: It’s up to women if they want to take their husbands surname, but personally it’s not something I shall be doing if I ever get married. To me it doesn’t feel right either, years and years of creating an identity for myself just to change my surname because of marriage is not cool. I also think changing surname is an antiquated custom and I don’t want to follow it. But hey, each to their own). 

3)   Downplaying his role


In Anna Karenina, Aaron played Vronsky, a love interest to Kiera Knightley’s character Anna Arkadievna Karenina. Aaron’s character is an interesting and important character to the story, yet of course not as important as Anna Karenina the hero of the story, as the film is based on her journey. And unlike most actors, Aaron is TOTALLY okay with pointing that out, he is SO okay with downplaying his role:
"I'm kind of like the typical blond in the movie. It's a golden age, and I'm this dashing blond young officer in a white uniform. It's a study in privilege, really. That was all Joe's (the director) vision, and I played around with it a bit, but there wasn't much of a character arc. It's her journey. You don't really need anyone else's. I'm really there as an actor to serve the director and the script." (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/sep/02/aaron-taylor-johnson-interview?newsfeed=true

4)  He HATES sexist questions too!


 During an interview for Godzilla the interviewer asked Elizabeth Olsen (his wife in the movie) a sexist question and this is Aaron’s perfect response: (start at 4.00) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poh0yfC7FTk

5) Never forget...


1      And of course the fifth reason to love him – 




No comments:

Post a Comment