Saturday 12 August 2017

1991

I wanted more

I want more

I want to find a home in the woman staring back at me in the mirror

I want to surrender to the wind

I want to give up the shit that weights me down so I can fly far far away

I want to gather all my fears & anxieties into an envelope and seal it with my lipstick kiss

I want to burn sky high with kaleidoscopic passion

burn burn burn


instead of making art out of him

I shall remember that I myself am art

instead of inking him into my soul with a permanent marker

I shall remind myself that there ain't

a truer romance than one loving one's own self

instead of making poetry out of all the jagged edges of his life

I shall coat yours truly with immortal pride

bleed my vulnerability

my fears

my openness

across pages and pages


I am not a place for cowards

so don't awake my soul

if you have no courage

no bravery

you may be exasperation

you may be torture

but I am no longer Kintsugi

making art of fixing broken things

you shall instead find me elsewhere

repairing my own self

filling my own cracks

with gold

so I can be stronger

more beautiful

than ever before

I am not the star

I am the motherfucking universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment