Sunday 6 August 2017

Keep me where the light is

There's nothing beautiful about depression.

wish I could turn this into a cute poem

but I can't.

hours turn to days

days turn to weeks

and every morning I am left fighting the same demons that tormented me the night before.

I am sick

I am tired

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired

I had enough of feeding my demons

and starving the woman in the mirror

when can I make her proud?

when is she going to stop feeling afraid?


They ask

they wonder

about my tattoo

they want to know what it means

let them ask

let them wonder


Would they understand

my fear

of the darkness that decorate my veins?

how do I explain to them

the hunger in my soul

the way it craves and longs for the light?


Another day of my feelings suffocating me

suffocating others

I feel everything

all too much

all at once

hold my tongue


I used to bright up the room with my laughter

I used to be the life of the party

I used to flirt and giggle my way through life

now I'm the thunderstorm

striking people with my cruel cold ways

the flowers I grew inside of me

wilt in my darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment